*night night*

Yesterday I had the strangest dream and I woke up laughing, it had been years since it last happened: I was George W. Bush's interpreter and I travelled with him to Iran (because as everybody knows my persian/arab/what is it? is perfect). So well, there I went with lovely George and, while the choffeaur drove us around Theran, people were cheering us on the streets, so much that I had to stick my body out the window of the car and wave to them whilst Mr Bush stayed inside. I was some kind of carnival princess, but in a business suit (!)
My new room has a strange effect in my sleeping. Either it takes me ages to fall asleep or I wake up really early feeling I didn't get enough rest. Last night though, I changed position and slept with my head towards the door, it actually worked, in despite of Inesa's warnings about something happening to me because of "sleeping upside down". Nothing happened to me, I just went to Theran, which is actually very near Inesa's home.
I have always had problems with sleeping, I lie on the right side and my legs go numb, turn on the left and my feet go cold, on my back my belly aches, on my belly my arm's dead. When I finally fall asleep I don't know how I'm lying, and the next day it's the same. There are some nights in which I can't sleep at all so I grab a boring book that suddenly turns into the most interesting thing on earth and I finish it and get angry at myself. Go to sleep, go to sleep, and I can't, again.
Here in Edinburgh my insomnia has come back and almost every night I roll from one side of the bed to the other. It may be the light: the days are endless now and it just doesn't seem right to go to bed when the sun is barely hiding. I try to walk a lot during the day so I'm tired at night an I love it because the city is nice and I love the weather now (not today though)... it doesn't really help me to sleep but it has made me realise I need a pair of new shoes: my heels almost touch the ground, so thin are my soles. Trainers or sandals, smart shoes or boots? another thought to go through the sleepless night.

Comentarios

Anónimo dijo…
Jajajaja, padrísimo tu sueño. Has probado hacer ejercicio? Yo cuando tengo insomnio es porque no duermo lo sufucuentemente cansada.
Niña, escribe más que tus lectores queremos saber què es de ti!

Entradas más populares de este blog

Diez años

El miedo no anda en burro