The West Sands

The sand is wet, but the sea is far, far away. The puddles reflect the sun and I find myself in the middle of it all: the long coastline and the sky, the shiny water under my feet and the distant sea that stretches away. As I keep walking, still looking for the mythical seals, an arm of the sea comes to meet me. I can finally feel its cold water and the million shells that lie beneath. It’s a glimpse, just a taste of what lies miles away.
I can’t find the seals; they might not even exist –at least not here. So I walk back and the landscape changes: there are kids, there are kites, there is the undying green again.
It is walking into the west what gives me the hint. I’m actually here, at the very end.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Diez años

El miedo no anda en burro